Systems Apprenticeship Skills Checksheet, v1.1
APPRENTICE NAME _________________________
MENTOR NAME _____________________________
APPRENTICE START DATE ___________________
Print out this skills sheet, and use it to guide your Vokal Systems apprenticeship. Have your mentor sign off by placing their initials next to each item. Sign-offs can involve pair-programming, verbal Q&A, observation on a project, or any other means.
Note that you also must complete the Shared Skills Checksheet to officially complete your apprenticeship.
Bullet points are suggestions of material to cover in a sign-off, along with any relevant reading material or tutorials for particular items. Example assignments are available in the Labs.
_____ Systems Developer tools
- IDE/Editor (Sublime Text, Emacs, PyCharm, etc)
- Docker (or Boot2Docker)
- Docker Compose
- SSH & Fabric
- Dockerfile Reference
- Docker Command Line Reference
- Docker Run Reference
- Docker Compose Reference
_____ Systems Continuous Integration
- Creating and maintaining .yml files for Drone
- Creating and maintaining Docker images for Drone
- Code coverage reporting (Coverage)
_____ Systems Test tools
_____ Systems Languages and Concepts
- Interfaces (Go)
_____ Systems Style and Documentation
- Components of a query (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, FROM, WHERE, etc)
- Grouping and aggregate functions
- Difference between joins
I hereby certify that the above named apprentice has completed all skill requirements for the Vokal Systems Apprenticeship program.