The iOS team at Vokal is responsible for all iOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS development. See our Coding Standards for code-related info.
iOS engineers are expected to be self-directed in skill acquisition on these subjects, in addition to the shared core skills. Quarterly reviews will include a skills self-assessment and goal setting for the next quarter. See the Quarterly Skills Review document for more details on this process.
- Auto Layout
- Debugging (lldb, Instruments)
- Memory management
- REST APIs
- Networking (AFNetworking/Alamofire, NSURLSession)
- Unit testing
- UI testing (KIF, XCUITest)
- Dependency management (CocoaPods)
- App provisioning and signing
- HockeyApp distribution
- TestFlight distribution
- iTunes Connect and App Store distribution
- NSCoder Chicago: informal monthly networking event with pizza, beer, and lightning talks.
- Chicago CocoaHeads: longer presentations once a month at the Apple store.